Saturday, February 11, 2006

Odana Rd...

has long been an enigma for me. I've heard it mentioned, I've even been on it once or twice but the over-all idea of Odana Rd had escaped me. That was, until I took an extended walk on Thursday afternoon. Ostensibly, the walk was to familiarize myself with my extended neighborhood and it did. Odana Road turned out to be nothing more than urban sprawl at its most disgusting. It's ALL strip malls and car dealerships as far as the eye can see. I did find a few things of note however and it's all within walking distance. I spent some time looking at a couple different furniture stores just for fun. There's a cheap-o movie theatre to check out. I found a Nicaraguan restaurant that I'm eager to try and 2 very tasty-looking Indian restaurants. In addition, there is an Indian supermarket that looks very promising and a Christian Family Store! There are a couple different paper/scrapbook stores and another that specializes in crap, floor-to-ceiling. All-in-all Odana Road is revolting but hiding a few gems. ANYway...nice life.

In other news, you're all urged in the most emphatic/homo terms to check out "The Entertainment Beat with Frances Gumm". It's a podcast featuring some dude doing a spot-on impression of Judy Garland. Judy Garland hosting a radio show is hilarious. I've spent a few hours convulsing with giggles. You need to check it out if only to appreciate the impression.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

ODANA! how i miss thee...

Bill said...

Well you are a darling. Thanks for the mention!