Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ruff/Rough...

Following Laura's request for a definition of "ruff" or "rough" as it is used by our group, I did some searching for "ruff" or "rough". Here's what I found. Hopefully the parts or the whole of this post will provide an understanding to any and all that were wondering.



















As you can see, "ruff" or "rough" works in many situations. It can be used metaphorically (Laura's ruff) or literally (This stone is rough). It can be positive (Nice earring Rach, you're ruff) or negative (Pride and Prejudice was ruuuuff). It can be serious (She's pregnant? That's ruff) or not serious (Molly in sequins is ruff). It's a very versatile word and I hope this has helped.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

jason,
well done.
i think you have completely summed up "rough/ruff".
i thank you for all of mankind.
when others ask what it means, i will direct them to your blog...
lol, ruff.

Donny B said...

I was one of the ignorant (watching Top Model) and now you have shown me the light. I feel like a whole new person, like a whole new world has been opened up for me.

And there's a whole lotta "rough/ruff" on Top Model.

Anonymous said...

About two weeks ago I was asked by one of the students in the class I am a TA for if they could use slang in the blog assignment they had. I said yes as long as I understood it and it added something that another word could not. The student asked for an example and I used ruff. I spelled it and used it in a sentence for them.
Emily (Anna's sister)