Sunday, August 14, 2005

Tired but happy

After a month and a half of joblessness, I now have no free time. My RUFF schedule is as follows:

5am-At the sound of many alarms, I get up and stumble around till
6am-when I leave my house and walk to Ealing Broadway tube station, two stops later, at N.
Acton, I switch to a bus and ride to Cricklewood Broadway to sit on a cold platform and
wait for a Thameslink train to Elstree/Bhoramwood, in order to arrive at
8am-at Elstree studios, where I work until
11am- when I must walk back to the Thameslink train and take it to King's Cross/St. Pancras
and switch to the Northern line south to Bank. Then I walk to arrive at
12:30pm-at Steel Business Briefing's office in "The City". Here, I stay and (attempt to) sell steel
news, via phone, to American business men. I work until about
7pm-when I walk to Bank station and ride for an hour to Ealing broadway, in order to get home
at about
8:15pm

It's a rough life but apparently, someone's got to do it.

Although I hate doing telesales, it's not the end of the world. On the upside, this job allows me to work on the movie in the mornings which is pretty cool. I'm really loving the time I spend in the art department. The script is really great and the people I'm working with are also very cool. I've been doing a lot of odd jobs, ranging from prop construction through random office work. I wish I could spend all day at Elstree but, alas, the film's budget doesn't allow for very many paid people. The experience I'm getting is extremely valuable though. This coming week, I may be required to do some "draughting" (read: drafting) which I'm really nervous about. Although technically, I do know how, I'm nonetheless nervous about my skills. Not least of all because I usually use CADD and here, everything is done by hand. Luckily, we aren't working in metric. I'll let you know how it goes.

In other news, I am currently sans computer. Sadly, my computer's power cable decided to short out the other night. Luckily, my computer is fine but, while waiting for the new cable to be shipped, I can't use my laptop. Argh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo Jason! So glad to hear you are working, even if it is a lot. I knew you would find something! ~T