Monday, August 01, 2005

On the prowl--for a job...

I am finally, again, endlessly connected to the internet. It has been a very trying period, especially while trying to find a job. I've felt extremely disconnected and unable to conduct a proper search. Well, the heat is on now and I am very happy. Tomorrow, at long last, I have 2 more interviews. The first is for a telemarketing thing which I already hate but will none-the-less do, to make some money (I have to prepare a 2-minute sales pitch which I don't really do). The second is with Steel Business Briefing which is, of course, a world-wide steel-industry newsletter. I think that I'm interviewing to be some sort of sales rep/article writer. I actually really want the second one. The atmosphere is laid back and relatively hip and the money is good. It will also get me some nice CV building material. Other than that, one of my job agencies has indicated that they have something in the works (it is apparently very delicate, with the client asking if I am "all artsy-fartsy" because of my CV). So, keep your collective fingers crossed for me. I am in dire need of a job. In the past week, I have been praised for my obvious office skills (after their stupid Word, Excell, PowerPoint, spelling, typing tests) only to be passed up for my less skilled, but female, competition. I am quickly approaching my boiling point with this job hunt.

At least, though, my home life is enjoyable. On Saturday, Lenka moved into the previously empty bedroom at the end of the hall and today, the Thai family (which was just visiting?) moved out. Also, Rachel and I are eating very well. On Saturday, Sabine made Chicken Provencal which was totally delectable and today, Lenka created a very tasty Chicken/Onion/Rice dish. I am really enjoying the variety of culture in the house and it's very cool for us all to come together for dinner. Occasionally, after dinner we will all watch a DVD and drink a couple bottles of wine. The pseudo-family thing is really working well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO Jason!!! Good luck with the interviews you artsy-fartsy soul!

~T