Thursday, September 29, 2005

Today was a sick day...

It was inevitable I think, that I would get sick. Everyone else at the office has been or is sick and we are a pathetic sight. So, today I woke up and realized that I needed to just stay in bed. It's been a wonderful day of just lounging and relaxing.

In other news, it's autumn! After taking a few tentative steps out of summer, Mother Nature has now fully immersed us in the fall splendor. The summer/fall change always gets me real excited. I think it has something to do with heading back to school and going shopping but, every year I get reminded of something. Overnight, it seems, window displays have changed and trees have changed colors, the smell of autumn is everywhere and scarves are out in force. I love it.

The living situation has gotten increasingly ruff. Elias has been running his law practice out of our living room and just doesn't get why that makes us uncomfortable. I think most people would agree that it sucks to come home after a long day of work and be made to feel strange because you want to eat at the table but, there are clients there. I feel like I should be able to use the living room that I'm paying for without feeling like I'm intruding in an office. Try explaining that to a Kenyan though. OOF! So, what should have been a simple discussion of "this is what we find ruff" turned into a 2 versus 1 all-out argument. I don't have the energy. I used to be nice, everyone was friendly, things were as they should be or were promised to be improved. Now, two months on, the excuses are wearing thin and, I kinda want to move. Besides it being annoying, it's also very far from the places I want to be. I may start looking for somewhere else to spend the rest of my London time. blah blah blah

Rachel and I saw a play the other night. It feels like we've been away from the theatre for a long time. It was nice to return, even if we did have to stand for the whole thing. It was in the Donmar Warehouse which was a space I had wanted to see for a long time. We both agreed that the play was wonderful and, in fact, we even discussed it at some length afterwards which is always nice. It was a very wordy, funny, witty play, in a very well put together production. If you have the chance to see The Philanthropist, it is highly recommended.

Anyway, I've rambled, I've bored myself and possibly you, I'm tired, I'm sick, I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason, My god I've been trying to get in for days it seems. I'm so sorry you don't feel good. Hopefully in a day or two you will.We now have a new computer and e-mail address so when you talk to your mom get it from her so I can get your e-mail address. I love all the pictures and all the things that you've been doing. I hope you're still having fun. You should think about doing something with your writing you do it so well. Take Care of yourself. I Love you lots. Your Aunt Teresa