Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What the man in front of me...

bought:
2 2-litre bottles of pepsi
1 tub of Greek-style yoghurt
1 can of mushroom pieces

I'm sorry I've been away so long. I do have much to say on: my living situation, Katrina, John Roberts, life without a computer or phone... but alas, it's been kinda tough to write lately. I will be better about this soon. Anyway, tonight, while at the grocery store I took note of the odd purchase described above and I decided that it may be a fun "blog assignment". Everyone reading is to, in the coming days, be alert for things that are just a little peculiar, involving people you don't know and post them in their respective blogs or in my comments section. As I'm sure you all know, talking about people and, indeed, laughing at them, is one of my favorite pastimes. What could be better then, than Trans-Atlantic fun-poking? It doesn't have to be a strange purchase...just peculiar. These are some appropriate entry phrases: What the child next to me smelled (like?), What the couple above me did tonight, What the groom ate, What that bum picked. You get the idea....maybe this reads?

2 comments:

nate said...

maybe check this out....
http://nldaigle.blogspot.com/

Movie Maven said...

today on Charlie FM ("we play everything"), I heard "Runaway" by Bon Jovi followed immediately by "Roses" by Outkast. That was peculiar.