Thursday, October 20, 2005

Diva: 2003-2005

It's with a heavy heart that I report the death of my cat, Diva. After struggling with a urinary tract infection and kidney trouble, my rambuncious little fireball had to be put down. Many of you met her/were lovingly attacked by her over the last couple years. She will be remembered for her crazy, unique personality and affable charm. Although she only got to be with me for a relatively short time, she was totally mine and loved me unconditionally. I feel sad that I couldn't see her in her final days. I remember coming home to always find her laying on some tiny shred of clothing I had discarded or sleeping in a box that was always too small for her. Ciao Baby, love ya!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT SOME OF US READ YOUR BLOG WHILE AT WORK. OH MY!!! HOW EMBARRASING TO SIT AT YOU DESK AND BAWL LIKE A BABY. I'M SORRY I HAD TO MAKE YOU SAD. HOW DO PETS WIGGLE SO FAR INTO THE HEART OF SO MANY UNSUSPECTING HUMANS. SOMETIMES LIFE SUCKS. CHEER UP BABY. THINGS REALLY WILL GET BETTER. IF I AM NOT ABLE TO CALL YOU TONIGHT DON'T WORRY I WILL GET BACK TO YOU.

LOVE YOU,

MOM

Anonymous said...

Oh Jason!! I was just talking about Diva the other day with the roommate. I'm sorry to hear that she is gone. I will always look back fondly on her guerilla attacks to my feet. I hope you are doing okay!! xxoo, T

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pamused said...

OMIGOD i'm sssooooooooo sorry to hear about Diva. she and i never actually met, but that is in fact a good thing because we would undoubtedly have become entangled in some kind of long-term cyclical love/hate melodrama wherein i profess love and abandon her, she professes love and abandons me... it would have just been torrid and emotional. nonetheless, i am sad for your loss. my precious pascal died in spring 04 and to this day, i still sometimes hear him padding around a corner or feel him curl up near my feet at night. i really miss that fucker.

anyhooo, hope you are finding ways to stay buoyant - the visitors and the move and the pending voyage are great for your spirit.

xop

ps: i'm still really digging your "anonymous" all-CAPS lady - she's one cool Mama!

Movie Maven said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of grief. That Diva was a maniac and we all loved her, even if she tried to eat our feet.