Thursday, October 27, 2005

You know that scene in 'L'Auberge espagnole'...

where everyone is drunk and having so much fun and then they end up singing 'No Woman No Cry' in the middle of Barcelona at 4am? Well, I had a night sort of like that last night. It was really the kind of night that I came here to have. Leaving work around 6:30, a few of us walked to Soho to Pop, a downstairs club that was delightfully kitschy. We had come to see some 'new and promising' young band that Jenny had received an email about. It was one of those totally off the cuff type things except that we had to organize a list of who was coming. In the end, about 10 of us went. It was a great group of people that I knew well, a little bit or not at all. We had such an awesome time sharing wine and listening to what turned out to be some pretty great bands. The second group was more engaging than the first but they both earned our seal of approval. You can sample the second group, Mr. Hudson and Friends by going here. I had that totally cliche experience of scanning our round table and watching everyone watch the band and I felt so happy. These are the experiences that I'll remember. After Mr. Hudson got done, a couple of people wanted to go dancing so we thought we'd check it out. Olga, my new friend from Moldova, loves to Salsa so we went to some place called, I think, Salsation. I was not expecting to see people legitimately Salsa-ing but they were. Naturally Alicia, the resident es-Spanish chica was all over it. Jenny and I couldn't hack it and were afraid of missing the tube so we reluctantly left. Such a fabulous night. In general, since I moved, I just feel happier. It also helps that I now have a ticket back home which puts some finality on my adventures and is really making me look at things through a somewhat nostalgic lens.

This post needs editing and hopefully will get it soon. You get it tho.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you are having fun Jason! I know exactly how you feel. The faster your leaving date approaches, you're really going to start feeling like you've done so much and yet not as much as you wanted whilst in London, all at the same time. ~T

Anonymous said...

HEY JAS,

GLAD YOUR SOUNDING HAPPIER--GLAD YOUR HAVING SOME GOOD TIMES--GLAD YOUR COMMING HOME. MAN!!! I AM ONE GLAD PERSON. I GUESS IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU. THANX

LOVE YA,

MOM

Anonymous said...

Jason-

I am so happy that you are having some good nights, things are looking up for me as well... so no more 3 am or 7 am... tearful calls, when are you returning to the us of a?
love ya
b

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason, I am patiently waiting for some scathing political commentary regarding the indictment today. Gimme gimme! ~TS

Movie Maven said...

oh scooter...so busted.