Monday, January 02, 2006

Buh Bye 05...

Hello everyone. I'm very sorry for the lull that has occurred on this page since my trans-Atlantic journey. Never fear however because the dust is finally settling and I should soon be back on a schedule.

I have found and moved into an apartment on Madison's lovely West Side. I'm still getting things sorted out but the outlook is good. I'm really happy with this place and all of it's amenities: spacious rooms, lots of closet space, private-ish bathroom, in house laundry, large balcony, fireplace in the living room, gym, free tanning bed, outdoor pool, indoor hottub, free breakfast M-F, and the first month of rent was free. Also, it's not a retirement village which is good. My only complaint right now concerns Madison Metro. I've lived in Madison a little over 5 years now off and on. I still have a very hard time trying to understand the bus schedules and maps. Today, on two separate occasions I tried to get a bus to Target and ended up getting so sick of waiting that I went back home. After the second attempt I discovered that apparently January 2nd is a holiday for Madison Metro so service was running on a holiday schedule. Is that weird or just annoying? I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out soon though and then hopefully, in a little while I'll be able to get myself a car.

Anyway, as it is a new year, I've decided that the best thing to do would be to reflect on the MANY shitty things of 05 but maybe dig out the good things as well:
Bad:
-Tsunami (even though it happened in 04, I'm counting it)
-Hurricanes
-Earthquake
-London Bombs
-So many plane crashes
-Mr. Bush took office again
-Diva was put down
-the Gateway got stolen

Good:
-I done graduated College
-I got to spend half a year living abroad
-I met an amazing group of friends
-The year began and ended with European adventures
-Smoked mozzarella between lemon leaves
-I read a lot of awesome stuff
-I worked on two movies
-I got a sunburn in November and swam in a Sea

If you've got any additions, I'd love to hear them. Take care all you dispersed people, Happy New Year, I miss you (those of you who are away) and I'm glad to have you back (those of you that are here).

1 comment:

pamused said...

i'm sorry, was "free tanning bed" a plus or minus? hard to decipher whether you've moved into an apartment building or brothel. either way, congrats!