Saturday, January 07, 2006

I went for a little walk...

I went for a walk today to see what I could see/glean of my new neighborhood. I found a few things that stuck.

1-The Hooters sign. What?
2-Huh?
3-Overheard at the hobby shop: a discussion between ugly middle-aged men about the finer points of model railroading. Is it acceptable to feature an "hourly rates sign" on your model motel? Only if there are tiny little pinups of naked "chicks" visible through the model doors and windows. This conversation then developed into the ugliest one telling the others about the time he almost went to the Playboy mansion. His wife ("the wife") gave him permission to cheat on her as long as it was with someone who had a household name. I pretended to browse until I couldn't listen to the story any more.

I enjoyed my walk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's your neighborhood. That's some deep shit coming from the Hooters staff though. ~T

Anonymous said...

Jason, my friend Maisie says to stop by the Madison Sourdough Co. cause they have good food (Disclosure: she works there...)
Kat